Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Basketball Finals





We have been waiting for this moment since our first practice together.  Working as hard as we could during all the practices, just waiting for this opportunity to play in the championship.  Now that we have one week to prepare the time is getting closer and closer.  This team has already beaten us twice this year but we know their plays, we know everything they run.  Our coach is trying to get it in our heads that we can beat them if we just keep working hard on finding a way to stop their screens and trap defense.  We have been running their plays and finding a way to stop them all week now.  We all know it’s going to be close and come down to the last minute.  We know we can beat them.  Two minutes into the game we score the first five points.  By the time I get back in were down and coach wants me to bring us back.  The only thing I could do was go out and hit two consecutive threes.  After hitting my shots I was telling everyone to get back on defense.  But we were playing like we don’t know their offense, even though we do and they just keep scoring.  The game is tied with 5 seconds left and they have the ball.  I am covering their best shooter because I know I won’t let him get his shot off.  But they come down and found somebody open under the rim and they got the final shot.  All coach can say is we will be back next year but even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment